Department of Chemical Engineering
Director, Centre for Engineering Design
School of Engineering Practice
Member of the
McMaster Advanced Control Consortium (MACC)
1280 Main Street West, Hamilton
Ontario, Canada L8S 4L7
voice: (905) 525-9140 ext.26386
Dipl. Ing . (U. of Zagreb, Croatia), Ph.D. (University of Houston
Software engineering and application design, development, and implementation (advanced process control, process engineering and design, planning, scheduling, plant optimization, feedstock selection, trading and logistics). Expertise in value chain optimization in petroleum, petrochemicals, and other process industries.
1991-2006 Aspen Technology Inc. Cambridge Massachusetts, Senior Vice President
for Technology Management
1978-1991 Esso Petroleum, Manager, Process control Group
1977-1978 MIT Cambridge Massachusetts, Research Associate
Design of Software for Process Simulation, Design, Optimization and Plant Operations
• Architecture for aspenONE (integrated solutions for plant operations) (2003-2006).
• Design of a real-time optimization system, RT-OPT and equation-oriented ASPEN PLUS.
• Novel refinery-wide modeling. (1988-1991)
• Design & implementation of refinery scheduling / simulation software (1982-1984)
• Designed computational architecture for ASPEN PLUS. (1977-1978)
Design of Methods for Plant Control
• Novel method for on-line calculation of distillation tower tray loading and control of tower
operation close to the flooding operation.
• Novel advanced multivariable control methods.
• Design of a Control engineer’s interface for configuring multi-variable controllers